[SunHELP] SunPC 1.3

Connolly, Michael Michael.Connolly at itt.com
Wed Apr 14 08:55:50 CDT 2004

Friday a user was OK with his Win98 on SunPC 1.2.2. Sunday night we had a
power failure. Monday, user comes in and gets "No domain server available to
verify password" error. Did a ping to the PDC from Solaris and it sees the PDC
just fine. Can't do a ping from SunPC.

I thought it may be remotely possible that something got corrupted with the
power failure so I removed his old emulated C: drive and all applications. I
removed SunPC 1.2.2 and installed 1.3. I then copied (from another users
machine) a "new" C: drive and apps. so everything is "new".

Still get the "No Domain...." error. Now, this is an old SunPC card with no
hardware NIC - so I assume I'm using the virtual NIC built in to SunPC
software. So, the question is, even though SunPC 1.3 uses a virtual NIC is
there some component on the SunPC card that could have gotten nuked when the
power failure hit? It seems like the card is the only thing I haven't replaced
but how would that matter with a virtual NIC?

What is also odd is that I can "map" local Unix file systems as network drives
just fine - I just can't get outside of the box with SunPC...

Regards,

Michael J. Connolly
Worldwide PLM/PDM Manager
ITT Industries, Cannon
617-969-3700 x8302

This email and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended
you have received this email
in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of ITT Industries, Inc.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this
email.