[SunHELP] U60 won't boot 64bit Solaris...

Gereon 'Jerry' Stein gereon at sonnenblen.de
Fri Apr 2 16:01:44 CST 2004

Okay, to resolve this:

I received a replacement box today. I stuffed everything (i.e. CPUs,
RAM, disks...) from the problem-box into the fresh U60, ran a fresh
install (which came up with 64bit from the Software 1/2 CD of Sol.9 -
which it never did on the other box) and everything installed smoothly.

Even though the "exitto64"-Problem should be software-related, something
in the old machine must've screwed up. I just don't feel like digging
any more, since I got the replacement on warranty and will return the
faulty one on Monday.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Jerry