[SunHELP] Unable to access internet from solaris 8 system...

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Jun 11 09:41:59 CDT 2003

> Can someone assist me with a problem I'm having trying to get my ultra
> sparc to access the internet? I can ping all W2K, XP, & linux internal
> resources fine. I can also access my web pages fine as they
> reside on a
> linux server that I'm hosting on my internal network. I can
> ping and do
> nslookup any external resources by name or IP. I'm assuming DNS is
> working properly because of this. Can anyone give me some pointers on
> where to look to resolve this? It's kinda frustrating to study for the
> cert without being able to access the internet.
>
> Many thanks in advance.

	You do not mention if you control the network so I am going to pose
this question. Is it possible your network is setup so that a person must
use a proxy in order to surf the web? IT could be that the routers are only
allowing port 80 traffic to go to the proxy server and that is what is
blocking you.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org