[SunHELP] root disk transition from veritas to disksuite

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jul 28 17:43:35 CDT 2003

"From: "Markham, Richard" <RMarkham at hafeleamericas.com>
"
"The disk label I sent out had 199 cylinders free at the end
"of the disk so I used that area instead.

wow...  you had -199- unused cylinders?  i redid my geometry just to
scavenge every last available block on my disks!  okay, it was only
~2M over the default geometry...

in the process, i found that solaris format croaks if you don't
specify at least -one- alternate cylinder...