[SunHELP] More X remote Goodness

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jul 24 15:39:05 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:22:55PM -0400, Michael A. Turner wrote:
> 	I have gotten X windows to work over VNC. I get in and everything is
> running, but it looks like holy hell. I have tried to start afterstep, along
> with other ones, once it is running but I am told that their is already a
> windows manager running. Frankly I am at a loss. How teh hell do I get this
> to run a different windows manager other that this suck ass defualt X
> windows?

First of all, look and see how X is being started.  You can generally
start the window manager of your choice from your .xsession file,
assuming the system is set up to honor it.  You can also configure the
running window manager to give you a menuoption to start your preferred
window manager, but that must be done from within the window manager
itself so that it can "pass the baton", so to speak.

What is your host OS again?  I've forgotten.