[SunHELP] vt220 emulation

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jul 22 17:01:38 CDT 2003

"From: Dan Williams <dan.williams at btconnect.com>
"
"Can anyone point me to a solaris 9 binary for a vt220 terminal emulator
"which I can use on coma. I don't seem to be having much luck finding
"one. I did download the trial of powerterm but it refuses to work and
"they can't get back to me until the end of the week. I only need to edit
"a couple of files, but I can't seem to get tip to recognise the vt220
"control codes. I know i've now asked two questions, but I set TERM to
"vt220 and run tset. Does that not set my terminal to be a vt220 ?.

it does not.

what it does is identify you as a vt220 to other apps.

doesn't xterm/dtterm spoof vt220 [ansi x3.64] behavior well enough?
iirc tip is a dumb program that doesn't understand -anyone's- control
codes; it passes them through and it's the responsibility of the prog
at the other end to respond.