[SunHELP] sar timing help

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jul 22 16:52:11 CDT 2003

"From: "William Enestvedt" <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
"
"I have been tasked to gather 'sar' data every ten seconds. (Yes, I have enough
"disk space!) Do I make the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/sys file say the following
"(with the only important change being the "10" at the end of the third line)?
"--- start crontab ---
"0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1
"20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1
"5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 8:00 -e 18:01 -i 10 -A
"---- end crontab ----
"    Or do I execute 'sar' on the command line daily with an interval of ten
"seconds, and an 'n' value of 8640?
"   Thanks for clarifying what's probably a pretty straightforward question: I
"keep reading the Answer Book page, and I'm not getting any more clarity.

man sa2.

-i is in seconds.