[SunHELP] Small RAID array setup

Tige D. Chastain tdchastain at insightbb.com
Tue Jul 15 18:37:03 CDT 2003

I see where I have been confused by this thread.  Perhaps you
have been too.

I was confused in that I didn't realize you didn't post the origional
email.  If you read your first response, it could be taken that it was
sent by the origional poster (esp. if you did something stupid like
not look at the author's email).

The origional poster, Sheldon Hall, said the following:

  Due to a new business venture, both the amount of data and its
importance is
  changing.  I'd like to set up a small RAID system so that I can save
more
  data, and do it more securely.  Naturally, I don't want to spend any
money,
  but I have some stuff on hand I can use.  I have another Classic, a
Sun 911
  case, and the 5 drives required to fill them.  All 5 drives are the
same
  size, 4.5 gigs.  I also have a set of Solaris 9 install CDs. I plan to
use
  the existing 2-4 gig DDS drive as backup.

I was saying that Solaris 9 will not run on a Sun Classic, as it is not
the Sun4u architecture.

I didn't mean to say that the disk layout wouldn't work on Solaris 9.

Sorry for the confusion!

Tige