[SunHELP] RE: SunHELP digest, Vol 1 #1765 - 6 msgs

Tue Sep 24 12:56:53 CDT 2002

According to Sun (Sun Blueprints : Enterprise Security for Solaris OE):

set noexec_user_stack=1
set noexec_user_stack_log=1

makes the system stack "non-executable", helping to prevent buffer overflow
attacks. They make no mention about any shortcomings in making this change,
but my suggestion would be to make these adjustments in a non-productivew
system first to see how this affects your system. We are in the process of
making these changes, so I'll keep you informed on our progress if you like.

Matthew