[SunHELP] Re: /dev/prom stuff

Dennis Murphy dmurphy at osxadm.com
Tue Sep 24 12:41:45 CDT 2002

Sizheng,

	Your system has been compromised.  There's been a security breach.
More than likely a vulnerability in snmpXdmid.

Check these URLs:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/75/172558
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/incidents/2001-03/0260.html

Good luck repairing.  I'd recommend a complete reinstall.

TO ALL: This is Yet Another Reason for two things:

1) PATCH PATCH PATCH
2) Turn OFF any services you don't need!  Solaris is notoriously bad
about leaving everything & its brother turned on...  If anyone has any
interest, I have some JumpStart scripts (which can be run by hand as
well) that turn off everything except the essentials.

Please email me off-list if you're interested.

Thanks!

---
   Dennis Murphy
   UNIX Systems Administrator