[SunHELP] booting Netra X1

Edward Chase echase at postoffice.providence.edu
Wed Sep 18 15:09:12 CDT 2002

Any special tricks on booting a Netra X1?

I've had one sitting idle and went to put it to use today.  I couldn't
telnet, ssh, or ping the unit.  I've hooked several console cables to it
and have used Hyperterminal and TeraTerm.  Nothing appears on the screen.

The only sign of life is a single green light on the front and one or two
green lights on the back.  (Power and ethernet link)

I've gone as far as pulling the plug and turning it back on with
Hyperterminal running.

I saw in the archives mention of a special cable for the Netra T1, but I'm
pretty sure I've used one of the console cables that I used today on this X1.

Something should appear immediately after turning on the X1, yes?

  Edward F. Chase III     |   echase at providence.edu
  Providence College      |   http://www.providence.edu
  Computer Services       |   http://studentweb.providence.edu
  Providence, RI  02918   |