[SunHELP] Syslog doesn't work...

Takacs Istvan istvan.takacs at hungax.com
Wed Sep 4 08:49:49 CDT 2002

Hi,

Sorry for this boring topic, but I need to solve
this ugly problem.

I tried to run syslogd in debug mode, and it
sent this error message:

logerror_format(1): out syslogd: line 28: unknown priority name "debug
/var/log/syslog"
logerror(1): syslogd: line 28: unknown priority name "debug /var/log/syslog"
logerror_to_console(1): syslogd: line 28: unknown priority name "debug
/var/log/syslog"

Here's the line 28:

mail.debug                      ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/syslog, @loghost)

I have a default syslog.conf file, so I don't understand what is
the problem with this line?

In the hosts file I declared localhost as a loghost.

If I comment out that nasty line than everything goes well again.

Thanks in advance!

Regards;

		Istvan