[SunHELP] Poor TCP/IP performance on core install, oposite on full!?

trader at lotr.nu trader at lotr.nu
Wed Mar 27 11:38:40 CST 2002

I have a strange problem with Solaris 8 0202. I have two disks (installs)
one full and one core only. The full system install functions as it should
however the core install has extremely poor network performance.
When I ftp a file from a windows client (XP) to the Solaris full install I
get between 4 and 9Mbyte per sec. However the same on the core install
yields only 400Kbytes per sec!? I have an Ultra 1 and am using hme0. I have
no other NICS installed. The only diffirence between the two is that during
the full install the network was setup, whilst on the sore install the
network was setup after manually. So I think it has something to do with
maybe a SUNW package that isn't installed on the core system (but that
really sounds strange) or some option I missed while setting up the network
manually. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

// SuperCali