[SunHELP] netbackup & permission denied

Fri Mar 22 13:34:29 CST 2002

I'm getting a numerous amount of permission denied's within netbackup
of the following formats in problem reports:
  'cannot open file /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/tprq/<media id>,
Permission denied'
  'cannot open file /tmp/sync_<media id>'

We are getting 'media open error(83)' and 'no storage units available for
use(213)'.

the knowledge base claims this is result of write protected tapes but this
isn't the
case.

i checked for the possibility of processes monitoring the tape drives and
not allowing
netbackup to have sole access to the tapedrives.  i killed sdtvolcheck
process, no go.
i hear there is a "system monitor" package but i dont have any idea what the
process
name would be.  We have a Storage Tek L40, 2 bridgerouters & brocades.

If anyone has dealt with a similar problem or has input on possibilities it
is
greatly appreciated.