[SunHELP] Thoughts / Comments on HDS wanted

Josh Greenberg mustard_greens at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 09:43:42 CST 2002

Nick, et al...

I have been doing consulting for Veritas on the Volume
Management/HA side for a couple of years... I have
seen EXCEPTIONAL performance gains on the HDS arrays
(from the 5800s --> 9960s).

The problem is finding benchmarks for the arrays --
EMC (as you probably know) contractually forbids
competitive benchmarking.

IMHO, go HDS, I think you will be quite pleased with
its performace...

--Josh