[SunHELP] D1000/Multiple Hosts/Initiator IDs

Joshua Greenberg Joshua.Greenberg at veritas.com
Mon Mar 11 10:30:04 CST 2002

Hey folks,

After spending too enough hours to make my eyes burn at suns site and
various mailing lists, im gonna suck it up and post.

I have a U1 creator and a U2 running SOlaris 8. I have added a UWDIS card to
both hosts that are connected to one D1000 that is bridged for HA purposes.
However, I cant find any info on changing the scsi-initiator-id for the
second host's UWDIS card. I am pretty sure that the tweak has to go into
/kernel/drv/isp.conf or something, but finding how to do it has me stuck.

This stems from getting frequent scsi bus resets when both hosts are powered
on, or system hangs when the second host has had its initiator id changed in
prom (im guessing that is because the proom setting applies to the internal
scsi bus, and it cant find the boot disks anymore).

Can someone *please* help.  My head hurts from searching for an answer at
this point.  EIther a clear how-to or a pointer to the appropriate
documentation would be great.  If I am not on the right track, the
appropriate correction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Josh