[SunHELP] D1000/Multiple Hosts/Initiator IDs

Josh Greenberg mustard_greens at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 10:40:33 CST 2002

Hey folks,

After spending too enough hours to make my eyes burn
at suns site and various mailing lists, im gonna suck
it up and post.

I have a U1 creator and a U2 running SOlaris 8. I have
added a UWDIS card to both hosts that are connected to
one D1000 that is bridged for HA purposes.  However, I
cant find any info on changing the scsi-initiator-id
for the second host's UWDIS card. I am pretty sure
that the tweak has to go into /kernel/drv/isp.conf or
something, but finding how to do it has me stuck.

This stems from getting frequent scsi bus resets when
both hosts are powered on, or system hangs when the
second host has had its initiator id changed in prom
(im guessing that is because the proom setting applies
to the internal scsi bus, and it cant find the boot
disks anymore).

Can someone *please* help.  My head hurts from
searching for an answer at this point.  EIther a clear
how-to or a pointer to the appropriate documentation
would be great.  If I am not on the right track, the
appropriate correction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Josh

=====
"Come the millennium, month 12, in the home of greatest power, The village idiot will come forth to be acclaimed the leader."
--Nostradamus
http://mail.yahoo.com/