[SunHELP] how to tell how much cache my system has...

Solaris Neophyte solarisneophyte at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 05:20:05 CST 2002

I bought a Tatung Ultra 10 clone...  it has a 360mhz UltraSparc IIi, the
concern is this.  There are two flavors with the 360mhz systems.  One has a 2mb
cache and the other has a 256k cache.

When I made the purchase I specified that I only wanted the one with the 2mb
cache.  The person I bought it from confirmed this and sent it out.

Now, I have no real reason to doubt this person, BUT I would like to make sure,
for my personal comfort, that I was indeed sent a system with 2mb of cache.

Is there anyway to check this?

I've tried many things amongst them are:

dmseg | grep cache
dmesg | 2mb
contacted tatung's sales staff (who weren't too helpful)

I'm at a total loss here... so any help would really be nice.

-Sameer
http://mail.yahoo.com/