[SunHELP] Implementing software RAID 1 on enterprise 250

powlow me at powlow.com
Sun Mar 3 12:13:56 CST 2002

thanks to both of you for the suggestions.

since the machine was recently installed (by me), it was decided to
re-install and start from sratch. the hard disk was corrupted and giving
strange messages like:

wrong magic number in label (or something similar)

i tried fixing it with format but disc was still corrupted.

realise the disc could of been replaced and recovered but it really was
an almost clean install at this point.

i now reinstalled solaris and left 13M free on slice 7. monday i will
have a go at seting up raid 1 properly. the reson this problem happened
was cause someone (i know who!) rebooted the machine without asking me,
simply assuming the raid mirroring was done! ai ai ai!

anyway,

so i have / mounted at slice 0 and swap at slice 1 or 2 (requested
layout). swap is 2.5M, slice 7 is not mounted and 13M. / is everything
else. any tips on how to go about this? i would be interested in giving
it a go without the metatool (always good to know the command line way i
think).

cheers so far
-paulo