[SunHELP] Allowing 1 telnet login session per userid.

Ajit P. Datey adatey at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 12:08:40 CDT 2002

Hi! I am curious about something. Is there anything in Solaris which will
allow me to restrict userid's to only one telnet login at a time. Basically
this is what I want to do.

1. A users initiates a telnet to the "system" and logs in using userid
"user1"
2. The user is logged in into the "system" as "user1" and initiates another
telnet session.
3. The user tries to log in as userid "user1" in this second telnet session.
(It is here I want to stop the user. I do not want to allow the user log in
as "user1" while his other telnet session as "user1" is still active.)

Is this possible?

I can write a check and put it into /etc/profile but its not a very neat
solution.

Regards
Ajit