[SunHELP] TERM type to use with IBM 3151 console?

Nicholas Dronen ndronen at frii.com
Thu Jan 31 21:12:38 CST 2002

Hi,

I just got an Ultra 1 for toying around at home.
It doesn't have a graphics card, which is fine
by me as I've always used an IBM 3151 terminal
as a console for my RS/6000 and previous SPARCs.
However, I'm not able to find the ibm3151 or
ibm3153 terminfo type I believe I used to use.
It's been a few months since I've had a Sun
box at home, so I might be wrong about this;
but I do remember not having problems with
the TERM setting before.

Does anyone know what I can do about this?
I have tried "ansi," "vt100" and "vt220" so
far, to no avail.

The IBM 3151 supports the following terminal
modes:

	TVI910+/910
	TVI925E/925
	TVI920/912
	IBM3151
	IBM3101
	ADM 3A
	ADM5 ADDS VP A2
	HZ1500

Is there a package I can install to get at least
one of these terminfo files?  (Perhaps there's
a (palettable?) way I can do this manually?)

Regards,

Nicholas Dronen