[SunHELP] E4500 disk questions

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Thu Jan 31 20:21:37 CST 2002

Hello,

I am awaiting the delivery of a SUN E4500 server and I need to purchase
some disks for it. I heard that you can connect IDE disks to the
E4500 via a PCI card, is this correct? If so can you boot from these
drives and do they sit inside the case.

I am really having trouble understanding the configuration without
having the machine in front of me but am working through the 300pg
manual but I am still confused. With the disk boards, it says you can add
4 and each disk board supports 2 disks - are the disks internal in this
case as well?

I am trying to figure out the cheapest disk solution for this machine.

Many Thanks,

Melinda

Dr. Melinda Taylor                      Research Associate
Dept. of Astrophysics and Optics        Phone: +61 2 9385 4560
School of Physics                       Fax:   +61 2 9385 6060
UNSW, Sydney, 2052                      Email: melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au