[SunHELP] ultra2 uknown reboots

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Mon Jan 28 10:41:53 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Eddie Watkins wrote:

| Hi
|
| We have an ultra-2 that seems to reboot itself every 2 weeks at exactly the
| same time.  The messages file only shows the output after the reboot and the
| older messages files (messages.0, messages.1) show no reason for the reboot.
| Is there any way that we can copy the console output to a file so that we
| can see what messages are displayed on the console.  We cannot page back far
| enough on the console after the system has rebooted to check for any errors.

Take another machine, and hook a console cable from it'sttyb to the
rebooting machine's ttya, and run something like:

script /tmp/that.damn.machine.txt

And then start up cu to connect to the console of the other machine. The
output will be saved in /tmp/that.damn.machine.txt or what ever file you
specify.

cu -l /dev/ttyb

/dale