[SunHELP] IDE ATA100 performance on x86/Solaris8

R D mrk279 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 03:40:13 CST 2002

Hi,

Is there any way to force IDE ATA100 hard drives under
solaris 8 on intel to work in the ATA100 or ATA66 mode
(not in standard mode). So is there any tool like
"hdparm" under linux to force some of this modes? Any
other way to improve hdd performance?

 For example on relatively well tunned linux on the
same hardware I have about 6 times better disk
performance than on untuned Solaris 8. How can I tune
it?

Thanks in advance!

Rossen D.
http://auctions.yahoo.com