[SunHELP] Newbie question about GCC

johnlee johnlee at sc23.sc.mcel.mot.com
Thu Jan 24 03:11:40 CST 2002

Greetings,

I am a beginner with the GCC. I used my gcc2.95.2 on my Solaris7 workstation
to compile a GNU source package(Gcc2.95.3) and got the following errors:
Undefined  symbol                      first referenced in file
sfsync                              makeinfo.o
sfvsprintf                          makeinfo.o
_stdfprintf                         makeinfo.o
sfstdout                            makeinfo.o
sfsscanf                            makeinfo.o
sfclose                             makeinfo.o
sfvprintf                           makeinfo.o
_sfflsbuf                           makeinfo.o
_stdfopen                           makeinfo.o
_stdsprintf                         makeinfo.o
sfstderr                            makeinfo.o
_stdprintf                          makeinfo.o
sfpurge                             makeinfo.o
_stdfread                           makeinfo.o
_stdfwrite                          makeinfo.o
_sffilbuf                           makeinfo.o
sfstdin                             makeinfo.o
sfseek                              makeinfo.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to makeinfo
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `makeinfo'

Seems it is a library problem But I don't know how to deal with it. Can
anybody point me on this ? Thanks very much.

Best Regards
John