[SunHELP] C3D s3 vs. Expert3D-Lite

Dennis Murphy dmurphy at osxadm.com
Wed Jan 23 23:15:43 CST 2002

> Anybody know about a Creator 3D series3 versus an Expert3D-Lite, in
> terms of desktop (2D, 24bit) performance?

	By the Expert3D-Lite, I assume you mean that "thing" that ships in
the Blade 100.

Rough estimates (nothing official, just my own observation) says that
the 2D performance is almost the same.   As long as you're not using any
3d-spinning-wingdings rendered in OpenGL, it's barely noticeable.

The C3D is an _excellent_ card, but expensive.  If you don't need to do
any sim modeling, the E3D Lite is a good choice.

Personally, I have a C3Ds3 in my Ultra 60, just 'cuz it's UPA and not
PCI.  I want to use that UPA slot for _something_! :-)

If you can point me in the direction of some benchmarks, I'd be more
than happy to run them against both cards....

--DM