[SunHELP] Boot problems with Kodak badged Ultra 5

Zachariah Mully zmully at smartbrief.com
Tue Jan 15 10:54:30 CST 2002

Hello all-
	I just pulled a never used Ultra 5 (233Mhz?) out of a Kodak Picture
Maker Kiosk. It is badged "Kodak Image Magic, PS4 Processor". A sweet
find considering it was free.
	When booting I try to get into the OpenBoot menu (pressing Stop-A at
boot), all I get is "Please Wait... Initializing...". Then if I don't
have the original hard drive with the Kodak software on it, it just sits
there. If I do hook up the Kodak drive, it proceeds to load the Kodak
OS, tests the memory and the framebuffer, then stops when it can't find
the touchscreen monitor.
	Does anyone know if I've got a bum OEM computer with a special boot
PROM? Is the Ultra 5 PROM replaceable? I looked at the NVRAM faq, but
the Ultra 5's weren't covered. What I am assuming to be the PROM (has
yellow barcoded label on it) has the following number on it: 9F069A, and
it is a STmicro MT48T59Y-70PCI timekeeper chip.

Thanks all!