[SunHELP] LCD/keyboard controllers for Suns?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:26:26 CST 2002

> Obviously, you will have to find a height that is
> comfortable for most of your people.

   Forhet that: a guy a few inches shorter than I am set up all the racks,
and I creep around like a hunchback after spending any time in there. From
now on, everything's going to be mounted at a Grown-Up's height, dammit!

> Adapters would be needed to talk to a 13W3 (they exist)...

   ...and I have several!

> ... and I think modern Suns can talk to a
> PC keyboard/mouse.

   Not mine, but I bet I can get a converter somewhere.

> Sounds like you will still need the lightwaves or some other
> console server.

   Why? Do the HP units only have a single set of ports? (I still wouldn't
care, because I'd be throwing out the monitor & keyboard.)

> Don't remember [what it's called], but they are Hewlett Packard products.

   Does this look right?
     http://www.hp.com/racksolutions/prodinfo/rackmount/flatpanel.html
   Thanks again for all the input.
-wde