[SunHELP] Jumpstarting/netbooting a SparcStation 5

Will Yardley sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 4 23:38:44 CST 2002

Torbjorn Kristoffersen wrote:

> I've been trying for a while now to make Solaris be jumpstarted from a
> FreeBSD server. AFAIK every file is correct, and I've followed the
> steps to making a SS5 booting from the network.
>
> Earlier this week I had a x86 machine running Solaris 8 that managed
> to Jumpstart the SS5 just fine. But with FreeBSD things seem to be
> different.  I don't understand why it doesn't work. I've been booting
> NetBSD from the same FreeBSD machine before.

well i don't mean to be unhelpful, but i was told this was pretty much
not possible when i was trying to do the same thing.  i ended up just
borrowing a cdrom and using that....

i know that isn't too useful, but that's what i was told.  it was a few
months ago if you want to search the archives for a similar thread.