[SunHELP] SSA Firmware Upgrade

Adam Skaffloth sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 12:35:22 CST 2002

Hi Group !

I got a SSA that has a firmware level of 3.6,
when booting the system I get a message that it wants 3.12.

I have never upgraded firmware on a SSA.
I have tried to search for info on sun.com,
but thos articles have been for support contract users only.

Where can I get the firmware 3.12 ?
Also as I am booting on the SSA I guess I am in for some trouble
as I guess the firmware update is done on an active system.
Can I install Solaris 8 on a separate disk and do the firmware upgrade or
is this an update for both the SSA and the OS at the same time ?

The machine in question is a Sparc Center 2000E with 14CPU and 5GB Memory
(and the SSA).
The SSA is a 112 (Grey).

Regards
Adam Skaffloth