[SunHELP] Adding DLT8000 to E3500

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Wed Apr 17 07:29:37 CDT 2002

Hi -

I have an E3500 that was originally set up with an internal DDS-3 tape drive.
I am trying to add an external DLT drive and am having
some SCSI problems; I'm not sure what channel the internal drive is using. I'm
trying to find out how I check the machine to see what
channel the DLT drive should go on. It's been a long time since I looked at
any of this and I don't seem to have notes on it..
Isn't there a "probe scsi" command or something? Do I need to be at the 'ok'
prompt? man pages not working on this box (argh!) but it's also tough when you
don't know the command name to search on..
TIA for any help/advice, - Joe