[SunHELP] SNMP Question

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 30 22:02:42 CDT 2001

I am needing to make SNMP queries to a Cisco router that is directly
connected to a Sun box running Solaris 2.6.  Specifically, I am wanting to
use MRTG with the router.  The queries come from another Solaris box, not
the directly connected one.

 -------              -------
| Box A |------------| Box B |-----------| Router |
|       |            |       |            --------
 -------              -------

MRTG is on Box A, and the router is directly connected only to Box B.

Box B has two network interfaces, and does not route between the two (nor do
I want it to).

My knowledge of SNMP is limited, but was wondering if it was possible to
have the Solaris 2.6 box act as the master agent so that it can relay
queries to the router, and have the Cisco router be a subagent.  Has anyone
done this?

-----
Nathan Nichols
Unix Systems Administrator