[SunHELP] Logrotate on Solaris 8

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 10:59:05 CDT 2001

I am having a problem with Sun Freewares port of Logrotate for Solaris
8. I have config files working splendidly on Redhat Linux boxes but the
same files on Solaris bomb out with output looking like the following:

bash-2.03# logrotate -d apache_logrotate.conf
reading config file apache_logrotate.conf
reading config info for /usr/local/apache/logs/apache500err.log {
error: apache_logrotate.conf:1 unexpected text
error: apache_logrotate.conf:2 unexpected text
error: apache_logrotate.conf:3 unexpected log filename

It seems to parse the first entry correctly (hence the 'reading config
info' line). But it throws up on everything else. I have also tried
respacing the all kinds of ways, but I cannot seem to get past the
messages above. I even tried running logrotate on the test configs
included but it does NOT work! Anybody else get it running?

Here is the logrotate config file:

/usr/local/apache/logs/apache500err.log {

    errors bricker at wellinx.com
    rotate 5
    compress
}