[SunHELP] NIC speed questions

Shain Miley sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 16:18:46 CDT 2001

Hi,
I was wondering if anyway knows how I can tell the current speed a NIC card in
a Solaris 7/8 machine.  Right now be have a 10Mbit network but we are thinking
of getting some new equipment so that we can upgrade to 100Mbit.  Also We have
a SPARC Station 5 that has a NIC that looks built into the motherboard.  Is
there any way to disable that NIC and install one capable of 100Mbits (if this
one is not, as right now I don't know how to check what speed a card is capable
of)?

Thanks.
Shain