[SunHELP] Re: Terrorism

Zimmerman, Jim sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 13:16:14 CDT 2001

Michael,

I could not have said it better myself!

Jim
----
Jim Zimmerman K0JLZ RHCE
Staff IT Systems Engineer
Hosting Engineering
303-226-9937
jim.zimmerman at qwest.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Horton [mailto:mh1272 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 11:33 AM
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org; baddlci at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Re: Terrorism

Bob,

I am afraid of people like you.

The United States of America declared war on the
Barbary Coast Pirates/Terrorists.  We sent our war
ships to the Meditterranean Sea and destroyed their
operation and cleared those sea-ways and made sea
trade and travel safe for all ships in that part of
the world.  This is a part of American History and is
easy to confirm.

John Brown, the terrorist abolitionist, was hunted
down and stopped.  His extreme group was unable to
continue operation.  This is also part of our history
and easy to confirm.

Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber/terrorist, was
captured, tried, and executed.  The work of his
operation was was stopped.  This has happened in our
lifetimes and is easily remembered.

What history has shown is that appeasement and lack of
action lead to a greater boldest and daring on the
part of terrorists.

Drawing back into isolation will only encourage these
faithless terrorists.  Their goal is to make America
withdraw from world affairs whether it is a small or
large withdrawal.  The police agencies tell us that
when honest citizen leave the streets at night, the
street gangs and local terrorists take over.  This
withdrawal will always turn our cities into gangland
battleground.  What is true of neighborhoods and
cities is also true of nations.

History has also shown us that Americans are a
peace-loving people.  We want our liberties and
freedoms extended to the entire world and have worked
to share our prosperity, dreams, and lifestyle with
every country.  But as the child who stands up to the
schoolyard bully has fewer problems with that bully
over the long run, America must stand up to the
terrorists that have attacked us in order to return to
the peace that we all enjoy and want.

It is horrendous to suggest that the victims are to
blame to the illegal and faithless acts of their
attackers.  Would you tell a sexually molested child
that they are to blame for the actions of a sexual
predator/terrorist?  Then why do you blame Americans
for this horrendous attack?  Name the American that
planned the attack, that payrolled the attack, that
requested the attack, that knowingly assisted the
attack, that carried out the attack.

My people have fought in every war since the French
and Indian Wars that America has been involved in.  I
have seen the graveyards where my kinsmen are buried
have died in horrendous wars to procure and preserve
my freedom.  We are ready to fight to procure and
preserve the freedom of all Americans.

Michael Horton
Knoxville, TN
Today I am a New Yorker!