[SunHELP] Repost -- Solaris 7 Vs Solaris 2.6

Bill Bradford sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 02:44:37 CDT 2001

If you get a VSIMM, that onboard video is supported just fine in Solaris
8.  The only video card support that has been dropped so far:

BW2 1-slot 1-bit black and white (dropped after 2.5.1 or 2.6..)
ZX 2-slot 24-bit (old, slow, dropped after 2.6)
CG3 1-slot 8-bit color (dropped in .. 2.7?)

Everything else should work fine.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford