[SunHELP] Please help I think i my have a possible warm or trogan horse.

Shane Massey sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 12:13:03 CDT 2001

Yesterday we seemed to have some connection issues with a few of our servers
and clients but there were no pattern to point to one cause. but when I
checked my var/adm/messages file.
something was wrong. the file only contained the following " Messages file"
and there is nothing else there. and just recently we added some systems to
the host file on these systems and now I have 2 other systems are starting
to have the same issue. their older messages files still have messeges but
the last two now have the same problem with the messages file.
and it seems to happen weekly at 3:10 in the morning. I am currenly going
trough cron jobs and Going through the processes that are running. It seems
to only affect solaris systems, My systems are all running solaris 6 5/98. I
am curious if anyone else has had this problem and how did you fix it and
also you might want to check your var/adm/messages.

Thanks

shane