[SunHELP] Cron running one hour too early?

Maarten Deen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 15:26:54 CST 2001

Hi,

I've got a crontab running at 0:01 which requires my sun to dial out.
The crontab is executing at 23:01, which is obviously one hour too
early. First I thought it had something to do with DST, but I
remembered that some time ago I switched the timezone from MET
to WET (which sets the time one hour later). This seems match with
the messages in the dialer log (which runs on a different machine).

I've changed the timezone by editing /etc/default/init. After that, the
time displayes correctly, but apparantly the machine does not use
the time correctly. Is this normal? Do I really have to reboot to make
the system use the correct time?

I'm running Solaris 7, I believe no patches have been installed (don't
know how to check without rebooting)

Maarten
--
Maarten Deen                                           +31 (0)77 3076879
mdeen at xs4all.nl                              http://www.xs4all.nl/~mdeen