[SunHELP] Hardware or Tape

Ivan Kovalev sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 09:06:08 CST 2001

Then it is a device itself (most likely) or motherboard/bus to which it
is connected.

I was thinking about external devices connected to each other like a
chain which starts from SCSI card plugged into mother board and ends
with the last device. This last device (HD or tape drive or what have
you) would have just one cable coming in. It is very important to have a
terminator plugged into outgoing socket of this device, otherwise any
device on this chain might show errors similar to what you had. There
are also self-terminating devices that would let you skip terminator.