[SunHELP] [Q] SUN L9 autoloader need 3rd SW to control it?

L sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 12:43:50 CST 2001

We are interesting to purchase a SUN DLT 8000 driver (Rack mount).  SUn
sales person suggest use "Storedge L9 tape Autoloader".  Which come with
one DLT8000 driver with 9 DLT catridge holder.

Base on my knowlege, the "autoloader" need soecial software like "veritas
Netbackup" or "Solstice Backup" to driver it.  Those software normally
very expensive and we may NOT have enough budget to purchase it.

Please give me some suggestion?

Thanks.