[SunHELP] GCC Cross Compiler

Rob Staab sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 13:22:00 CST 2001

I have a firewall running Solaris 2.6 with a 32 bit kernel on an Ultra 5
machine. The system has been stripped for security concerns and obviously
does not have a compiler installed. I have an Ultra 5 development machine
running Solaris 8 with a 32 bit kernel.

The big question... How hard is it to cross compile for the firewall? Anyone
ever attempt this? How hard is it? I was planning on copying the native
utilities from the Solaris 2.6 media and creating a custom GCC installation
with cross-compile capabilities. Am I crazy to be trying this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Robert J. Staab
Network Engineer

Etrana, Inc.
520 Madison Avenue, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10022
www.etrana.com

T. 212-284-3425
F. 212-284-3460
Mailto:rstaab at etrana.com

Etrana is a leading provider of customized technology
solutions to franchise systems, industry buying groups and
industry cooperatives.  Our solutions boost productivity and
profitability within critical business functions such as
franchisee recruitment, procurement and e-commerce.