[SunHELP] this is probably gonna be impossible, but................

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 6 06:16:50 CST 2001

> Get a USB <-> RS232 convertor.
>
> /dale
>
> Handspring sells a serial cradle for Visors.  That should work and be a
> little cheaper than the SunBlade.
>
> --paul

cool.  i found a Sun supported SCSI <-> USB device, but it only handled mass
storage devices.  just an interesting bit 'o trivia for ya all.

anyway, ok, so that solves that problem nicely, i'll take the route of the
cradle and give my usb cradle to my wife so she can have a cradle at home and
at work.

but now on to the next step, after i receive my serial cradle, are their sun
"drivers" for the handspring, or how is the hotsyncing done on this machine?

this is what i see happening when i get the cradle:

tip -9600 /dev/term/b
insert handspring into cradle
press hotsync button
say, "what the hell is that?" as garbage scolls down my terminal window. :)

> little cheaper than the SunBlade.

i'll be able to sync to my sparc20, but i still won't have a SunBlade. :)

thanks for the help all.

-brian