[SunHELP] DiskSute and files

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 1 09:45:34 CST 2001

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Dicu Silviu wrote:

| I have a mirror made with DiskSuite on a Solaris 2.7
| and one file doesn't have a name, when I do ls -al it
| shows the owner the size of file but no name appears.
| I can find the inode with ls -ail but how can I find
| out what is in that file and eventualy to remove it.

If you can get the inode numbner, then removing the file is (sort
of) simple.

1) get the inode number.

2) umount the filesystem that has the offending "file" on it.

3) use the 'clri' command to effectively delete the file by zapping the
inode. The command would be something like:
                   'clri <raw filesystem> <inode number>'

example:	'clri /dev/md/rdsk/d20 187072'

4) remount the fs.

You can clear the inode on a mounted fs, but the file really wouldnt show
up as gone until the fs is remounted.

/dale