[SunHELP] How can I figure out the problem?

Eric Williams sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 07:49:13 CDT 2001

I checked the permissions of the directories and files and they are correct
for me.

The original PS file looks fine with a more viewing. Thanks for all that
good info on Postscript too! Still baffled though...

on 7/31/01 8:37 AM, William Enestvedt at wenestvedt at jwu.edu wrote:

> I know a little about PostScript from my pre-press days, and this doesn't
> look like an error with the input -- but when I see the line:
>>
>> Error: /invalidfileaccess in (w)
>>
>  ...it makes me wonder about write permissions for the output. Have you
> investigated the permissions on the directory where the output file
> (radopt.epsi?) will be created?
>  The only other thihng that jumpos out is that last line of the error:
>>
>> sed: command garbled: /^%%BeginPreview:/,/^%%EndPreview[
>>
>  I believe that these are the strings that generally surround the wad of
> binary data in the EPS which provides the bitmap on-screen preview to page
> layout and other software. PostScript lines beginning with double
> percent-signs indicate a comment, and the caret indicates that these are to
> fall at the start of a line, but that bracket at the end looks out of place.
> Hey, are the line endings correct? (That is, if you read this file with more
> or vi, does it wrap properly?)
> -wde
> --
> Will Enestvedt
> UNIX System Administrator
> Johnson & Wales University
> WEnestvedt at jwu.edu    (401) 598-1584

Eric Williams                       Systems & Facility Manager
eric at astro.wesleyan.edu             Van Vleck Observatory
860-685-3664                        Wesleyan University