[SunHELP] How can I figure out the problem?

William Enestvedt sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 07:37:17 CDT 2001

I know a little about PostScript from my pre-press days, and this doesn't
look like an error with the input -- but when I see the line:

> Error: /invalidfileaccess in (w)

   ...it makes me wonder about write permissions for the output. Have you
investigated the permissions on the directory where the output file
(radopt.epsi?) will be created?
   The only other thihng that jumpos out is that last line of the error:

> sed: command garbled: /^%%BeginPreview:/,/^%%EndPreview[

   I believe that these are the strings that generally surround the wad of
binary data in the EPS which provides the bitmap on-screen preview to page
layout and other software. PostScript lines beginning with double
percent-signs indicate a comment, and the caret indicates that these are to
fall at the start of a line, but that bracket at the end looks out of place.
Hey, are the line endings correct? (That is, if you read this file with more
or vi, does it wrap properly?)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt