[SunHELP] Help!!! changing /etc/system, system is down

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 13 07:45:26 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:29:04AM -0400, Dottie Weaver wrote:
> Help please, I have rebuilt a Sun server and it no longer uses md but the
> problem is when I reboot the bootblk looks for the md's from the /etc/system
> file. I am unsure as to how this file should be setup not using md's.
> If anyone could fill in the blanks maybe a sample of a generic system file
> would be of great help.

Easiest way is to just comment the DiskSuite (md) related lines out of
/etc/system, or delete them. They're only in place for use by DiskSuite,
and since you're not using DiskSuite, you can happily get rid of them!

A default /etc/system file, as shipped with Solaris, has nothing but
comments and blank lines in it!

Brian.
--
Brian Scanlan, Systems Administrator.