[SunHELP] Metadb error

Bageshwar X Kumar sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 9 10:54:02 CDT 2001

Hi,

This is because the system had not been rebooted after the DiskSuite packages
were installed.  Had the system been rebooted, that file would have been
created.
There is no need to use "boot -r", since the installation of SDS packages
creates a '/reconfigure' file.

On the next login, the device file "/dev/md/admin" will be there, and
"metatool"  should start up without problems.

Regards,
Bageshwar

|--------+----------------------->
|        |                       |
|        |          kumar.appan at w|
|        |          ipro.com     |
|        |                       |
|        |          09/07/01     |
|        |          16:27        |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          sunhelp      |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     sunhelp at sunhelp.org                                          |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Bageshwar X Kumar)                                     |
  |       Subject:     [SunHELP] Metadb error                                  |

Hi,

   I am facing problem with SUNWmd tool in solaris 2.7.When I run the
metadb command,It gives error as

/dev/md/admin not found.

I went to /dev/md directory there admin directory is not there.It is
listing
/dsk and /rdsk directory under /dev/md.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Regards