[SunHELP] U10 Network link nada

P Nutton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 9 04:15:15 CDT 2001

> >Is there a reason a U10 wouldn't like a 10/100 4-port
> >Netgear?????  I've never worked with small boxes like
> >these, so I wonder if there are any little "quirks" I
> >am not aware of?  If nothing else email me words of
> >advice like "hit it with a bigger hammer" ok? :-)
> >
> >Peer
>
> I've had the same issue with them.  I had to use a 10mbps 4 port
> netgear to get my U10 to see the network even if I forced it into
> 100/half it still failed to link.
> --

We had a similar problem, due to the U10 picking up an old sun4m Sol 2.7
tftpboot entry (which, amazingly, it worked with as long as we were at 10 Mb
OR somebody was snooping the start/install to slow it down). Characteristic
was fast MMU error. Weird. We also had two U10s out of a delivery of 10 barf
on install and/or burn-in with fast MMU errors and kernel panics. Back to
Sun with them.
--
Paul Nutton

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.