[SunHELP] XFree86 4 & UK Type5 keyboard

Graeme Mathieson sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 9 03:31:39 CDT 2001

I'm trying to convince XFree86 4.03 to behave properly with my keyboard.
The best settings I could come up with are:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Sun Type-5 UK Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "gb"
EndSection

It's not bad.  The only problem is that the pipe/backslash key (which is
located to the left of the 'z' key) doesn't work.  Does anybody know how
I can tweak this to get the key back?

The other oddity (which I consider a feature) is that the GB pound sign
(shift-3) actually inserts the sequence ^A#<cr> which has the effect of
commenting out the current line in the shell.  Very neat.
--
graeme+sig at mathie.cx                          http://www.mathie.cx/~graeme/