[SunHELP] Netra t1 AC 200

ChrisBotha at CTNDDN ChrisBotha at CTNDDN
Wed Jul 4 10:19:08 CDT 2001

We want to use this with Firewall 1, and FW1 for Sol 8 has not been released
yet.

-----Original Message-----
From: bscanlan at irish-times.com [mailto:bscanlan at irish-times.com]
Sent: 04 July 2001 04:38
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Netra t1 AC 200

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 04:18:21PM +0200, Chris Botha  @  CTN DDN wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody tell me why I cannot run Solaris 2.7 on the Netra T1 AC 200?

Because Solaris 7 came out well before the Netra T1 AC 200 was ever
released,
and Sun decided not to retrograde Solaris 7 with a new hardware release
so as to support the AC 200.

Sun seem to be relatively more aggressive in getting people onto the
latest and greatest version of Solaris then they used to be. This
is a good thing, imho. Solaris 8 > Solaris 7 > Solaris 2.6, yet
I'd bet money that Solaris 2.6 is the most used version out
there by a good bit... It's painful to support old versions of
operating systems.

Why do you think you want to run Solaris 7 on a new machine anyway?

Brian.
--
Brian Scanlan, Systems Administrator.
Irish Times New Media - http://www.ireland.com